- 1 Logic Each of the terms of a disjunctive proposition.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- By referring to a dichotomous tree, Tusi shows how to choose the proper disjunction relative to the terms in the disjuncts.
- Again, it is not merely the truth values of the disjuncts that are important, but the existence of a connection of a certain kind between them.
- In this case, p and q are the disjuncts of the disjunction.
- 2 Grammar another term for sentence adverb.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most adverbs that function as conjuncts or disjuncts may have other functions.
- A disjunct expresses the speaker or writer's attitude to what is being described in the sentence.
- If too comes after the adverb it is probably a disjunct (meaning also) and is usually set off with a comma:
adjetivoVolver al principio
- Disjoined and distinct from one another: a series of disjunct chordsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Species with normally disjunct distributions or widely separated populations may also indicate that more than one taxonomic entity is represented.
- Along the precipitous slopes of the upper Yangtze Gorge, dwarf blue sheep and blue sheep occupy disjunct habitats separated by a belt of subtropical forest.
- Because of their extreme isolation from the centers of distribution in central Tennessee, the potential exists for the disjunct Illinois populations to be genetically distinct.
late Middle English: from Latin disjunctus 'disjoined, separated', from the verb disjungere.
Más definiciones de disjunctDefinición de disjunct en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.