Definición de disjunct en inglés:
1 Logic Each of the terms of a disjunctive proposition.
- By referring to a dichotomous tree, Tusi shows how to choose the proper disjunction relative to the terms in the disjuncts.
- Again, it is not merely the truth values of the disjuncts that are important, but the existence of a connection of a certain kind between them.
- In this case, p and q are the disjuncts of the disjunction.
2 Grammar another term for sentence adverb.
- Most adverbs that function as conjuncts or disjuncts may have other functions.
- A disjunct expresses the speaker or writer's attitude to what is being described in the sentence.
- If too comes after the adverb it is probably a disjunct (meaning also) and is usually set off with a comma:
adjetivoVolver al principio
Disjoined and distinct from one another: a series of disjunct chords
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Species with normally disjunct distributions or widely separated populations may also indicate that more than one taxonomic entity is represented.
- Along the precipitous slopes of the upper Yangtze Gorge, dwarf blue sheep and blue sheep occupy disjunct habitats separated by a belt of subtropical forest.
- Because of their extreme isolation from the centers of distribution in central Tennessee, the potential exists for the disjunct Illinois populations to be genetically distinct.
late Middle English: from Latin disjunctus 'disjoined, separated', from the verb disjungere.
Definición de disjunct en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan