- 1Lacking connection or consistency: the novel’s disjunctive detailMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Though historical scholarship (or at least something akin to that) was not entirely unknown in South Asia, the history the colonial historians produced was disjunctive with the constructions of the past the South Asians knew.
- The allusions are swift, the collisions reminiscent of the ‘ply over ply’ technique of Ezra Pound's Cantos, but to more disjunctive ends.
- For them to call themselves a community group is disjunctive with the use of language.
- 2 Grammar (Of a conjunction) expressing a choice between two mutually exclusive possibilities, for example or in she asked if he was going or staying. Compare with copulative.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- You could object a bit to the way the disjunctive choice is set up.
- Funk points out that the particle H displays its sharpest disjunctive characteristics in interrogative sentences.
- This is particularly evident with disjunctive queries, which use the minus sign to exclude particular search terms.
- 2.1 Logic (Of a proposition) expressing alternatives.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He also discusses the disjunctive propositions which follow from a conditional proposition.
- Creationists are thus accused of the fallacy of false alternatives, that is, the disjunctive premise leaves out a possible alternative.
- The inference rule of disjunctive syllogism, while truth-preserving, is not falsity-avoiding.
sustantivoGrammar Volver al principio
- 1A disjunctive conjunction or other word.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The intensity of the disjunctive which any particular H conveys is dependent upon its context.
- Ultimately, all disjunctives are part of the same continuum as conjunctives.
- Further, this view requires us to alter the language of clause (B) to replace the "or" disjunctives with "and" conjunctives.
- 1.1 Logic A disjunctive proposition.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The critical interpretive question is whether the disjunctive should be viewed either as two separate conditions, or as two different ways of describing the same condition.
- But it follows anyway that the laws of intricate logic for hypotheticals may be used to obtain analogous laws for disjunctives; and vice versa.
- The standard way of defining disjunctives in logic is in terms of their truth tables
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The appellant submits that the words ‘produced or handed over’ in article 14 of Regulation 3821/85 should be construed disjunctively.
- Object and effect should be read disjunctively.
- Because those are both conjunctively and disjunctively expressed.
Más definiciones de disjunctiveDefinición de disjunctive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.