Definición de dislocate en inglés:
- You press a certain spot in the back of the neck and dislocate their bone.
- You can dislocate your jaws and wrest your hands out of their joints, they still haven't understood you and will never understand you.
- Andy walked away after that, leaving Laura crying on the floor nursing her possibly dislocated jaw.
- Our keys to victory have been our ability to disrupt enemy communications, dislocate his plans, and degrade his forces through air superiority, as well as our seemingly limitless logistics resources.
- The point here is that because these nations are still modernising, they are open to all the disturbing and dislocating ideological forces that this process can unleash.
- Hain said that fish and many other coral reef organisms would have been dislocated and washed ashore by the tsunami, but it is difficult to say how long they will take to recover.
- Political outcomes are dislocated from the intentions or hopes of individual politicians, as resolutions are mediated between dozens of players and hundreds of officials.
- Also, isolation through moving to urban centres means many Maori have been dislocated from vital support networks.
- This confrontation is treated like other seemingly random acts of terrorism in the mass media, dislocated from the cultural and political history behind the conflict.
local from Late Middle English:
Local is from Latin locus ‘place’. At first used to mean ‘concerned with place or position’, it was applied more specifically to a small area with respect to its inhabitants from the late 17th century. Locals described the inhabitants themselves from the mid 19th century. The same root is found in allocation (Late Middle English) from allocare ‘allot’, dislocate (late 16th century) ‘displace’, locate (early 16th century), locomotive (early 17th century), something that could move its place, and locale (late 18th century). This is from French local, the same as the English word, but with an ‘e’ added to show the change in pronunciation ( compare moral and morale).
Palabras que riman con dislocatereciprocate • coruscate
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.