1 (also dispatch case) chiefly British A container for official state or military dispatches.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- When the Reichstag reassembled, Papen appeared with the red dispatch box which traditionally contained the the orders of dissolution under his arm.
- He was not a typical tin-man or window salesman, wearing a cheap suit and tie and carrying a dispatch case full of samples.
- He carried in his left hand a small black, leather dispatch box, and it was noticed by a sharp-eyed clerk in the Central office that this box was fastened to his wrist by a strap.
2 (the Dispatch Box) A box in the House of Commons next to which ministers stand when speaking: we have had commitments from Ministers of State at the dispatch box
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yet four days later the Prime Minister was at the Dispatch Box waving a dossier and making that claim no fewer than four times.
- Part of Mr Cook's strength was his command at the Dispatch Box.
- No wonder the word he used 15 times at the Dispatch Box last Wednesday was ‘judgment’.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dis|patch box
Definición de dispatch box en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda