Definición de displease en inglés:
Make (someone) feel annoyed or upset: the tone of the letter displeased him (as adjective displeasing) it was not entirely displeasing to be the centre of such a drama
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Everything I did seemed to annoy and displease him.
- There are some indications, as well, that Bruce is anxious to avoid displeasing her conservative audience.
- Under this view, slavery is wrong, but not because slavery is an ‘unnatural’ human social position or because slavery displeases God.
annoy, irritate, infuriate, incense, anger, irk, vex, provoke, pique, peeve, gall, nettle, exasperate, madden;
dissatisfy, disgruntle, dismay, put out, affront, offend, insult, mortify, outrage, scandalize, disgust;
British informal nark, wind up, get at
vulgar slang piss off
- Example sentences
- ‘Nobody is going in the river,’ Bane looked at both of them displeasingly, ‘I am Bane, mercenary, the young man here is Silas Avon, archer, and you are?’
- Somehow, because they never lost sight of core aesthetic principles that began with their dark self-titled debut in 1984, their borrowing never seemed displeasingly imperialistic or slanted toward cultural tourism.
- Jasmine kicked a discarded camera cartridge along the sidewalk as she trudged down a street of displeasingly samey motels. ‘Bloody tourists.’
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan