- Even Chinese democracy activists and dissidents take the borders of China as an indivisible given.
- The refugees are trapped between Guinean government forces and those of rebel Guinean dissidents.
- Only in the metropolis can gays, Jews, women, dissidents, democrats and oddballs feel safe.
- Over the subsequent three decades, opposition parties and dissident voices were more in evidence.
- At the small assemblies, dissident workers were prevented from speaking against the plan.
- It championed democratic dissident movements behind the Iron Curtain as a challenge to Soviet power.
Mid 16th century (in the sense 'differing in opinion or character'): from Latin dissident- 'sitting apart, disagreeing', from dis- 'apart' + sedere 'sit'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.