(Of parts) arranged alternately in two opposite vertical rows.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Castilla also has plagiotropic branches that are arranged continuously along monopodial trunks and bear distichous leaves.
- Poaceae species present a conserved distichous phyllotaxy (leaf position along the stem) and share common properties with respect to leaf initiation.
- Phyllotaxy ranges from distichous to having 56 rows of leaves and is not restricted to Fibonacci numbers.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Leaves of this species are distichously arrayed on horizontal branches, and often hang down by 10-40° from the horizontal plane.
- Each floret is in the axil of a chaffy bract and these are arranged spirally or distichously in spikelets.
- These initials are distichously arranged as would be found in teosinte or lateral branches of the maize tassel.
Definición de distichous en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda