An instance of gaining access to a property under false pretences, with the intention of committing theft: two thieves pretending to be from the Water Board have carried out a string of distraction burglaries in the area
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Motorists on Friday were asked if they had any information which could help identify the men responsible for the distraction burglary.
- An elderly woman in Harnham was the victim of a distraction burglary at the weekend.
- Distraction burglary is a pretty low crime and one that needs to be beaten so that we have safer streets.
distraction burglar sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He arrested a distraction burglar who targeted his neighbour's home.
- Police are warning pensioners in north and west Wiltshire to watch out for a distraction burglar using an eight-year-old boy.
- "This is the worst distraction burglar I have come across in 21 years as a policeman and one of the worst criminals."
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dis|trac¦tion burg|lary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda