sustantivo (plural dittographies)
A mistaken repetition of a letter, word, or phrase by a copyist.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Examples of the second type are treatments on dittography, haplography, harmonization, and itacisms.
- It has therefore been left out as a possible dittography, but certainly not translateable.
- Haplography is writing once what should be written twice, such as defendum rather than defendendum, and dittography is the opposite.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In that case, the final nun is virtually dittographic with the vav that appears at the beginning of the following word.
- His close observations of dittographic tendencies and carving mistakes do suggest the participation of rushed or less skilled carvers.
- Our great scholars have never forgotten their Isaian dittographic dictum.
Late 19th century: from Greek dittos 'double' + -graphy.
Definición de dittography en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda