Definición de dittography en inglés:
sustantivo (plural dittographies)
A mistaken repetition of a letter, word, or phrase by a copyist.
- Examples of the second type are treatments on dittography, haplography, harmonization, and itacisms.
- It has therefore been left out as a possible dittography, but certainly not translateable.
- Haplography is writing once what should be written twice, such as defendum rather than defendendum, and dittography is the opposite.
- Example sentences
- In that case, the final nun is virtually dittographic with the vav that appears at the beginning of the following word.
- His close observations of dittographic tendencies and carving mistakes do suggest the participation of rushed or less skilled carvers.
- Our great scholars have never forgotten their Isaian dittographic dictum.
Definición de dittography en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan