Definición de divertissement en inglés:
1A minor entertainment or diversion: the intellectual divertissements of working men
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That is, have we all been carried away by a desire for some kind of entertaining political divertissement?
- But brevity is the soul of wit, and Lemoine's well-crafted divertissements have enchanted theatregoers for the past 22 years.
- Okay, I'll admit, Norwich entertained me on that little divertissement.
1.1 Ballet A short dance within a ballet that displays a dancer’s technical skill without advancing the plot or character development.
- Comparing them and their comrades to booted divertissement dancers in nineteenth-century ballet is out of the question.
- The Tarantella was originally not part of the Grand Pas de Deux, it was intended as a divertissement or National Dance in Act One.
- A new, charming pas de cinq opened the Act III divertissements, set to a passage of Tchaikovsky music that Petipa never used.
Definición de divertissement en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary