- 1A person or thing that divides a whole into parts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They feed on it because they would love to divide it and there are people like that I've always called the dividers.
- We need an environment for independent media as the unifiers, not dividers, of society.
- During the presidential campaign, he vowed, ‘I'm a uniter, not a divider.’
- 1.1 (also room divider) A screen or piece of furniture that divides a room into two parts.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This mosquito barrier also serves as a flexible room divider between the kitchen and the other living areas.
- A focal point is the Craftsman-inspired room divider that functions as a bookcase on one side and bench on the other.
- Eric stood next to the room divider that separated the item shop and the bar.
- 1.2An issue on which opinions are divided: on the Labour side, the big divider was still nuclear weaponsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I see a difference and I think it has basically to do with the abortion issue and the perception of the abortion issue as a divider.
- It seems this last one is a real opinion divider.
- The cultural and political dividers between Europe and the US are second-order issues.
- 2 (dividers) A measuring compass, especially one with a screw for making fine adjustments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The little kids did not like what we said and had their compasses and dividers out, ready to give us a poke so we scooted out.
- In a corner of the lunette depicting Solomon Sitting in Judgment is a figure of a seated man holding a pair of dividers and examining a drawing.
- A pair of dividers, which is a weaker tool than a compass, enables one to transfer distances.
Más definiciones de dividerDefinición de divider en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.