Definición de dog cockle en inglés:
A burrowing bivalve mollusc which has a highly convex, almost spherical, shell.
- Family Glycimeridae: many species
- Note the brown colour of the dog cockles, indicating that the sand is polluted by mud.
- Coarse gravels and sands are home to sea-cucumbers and dog cockles, largely buried for protection, and tough sea-mats, able to withstand the scouring of water-borne sand.
- Further north in the lough the waters slow and coarse submarine sand dunes are inhabited by a type of sea-cucumber and dog cockles.
Definición de dog cockle en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan