Definición de dogged en inglés:
Having or showing tenacity and grim persistence: success required dogged determination
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From 1981 to 1997, no one played with as much tenacity and dogged determination as Mullen.
- This dogged persistence and determination to see it through has taken its toll, both on his finances and his emotional well being.
- They simply want to get things done, and it's that steady, dogged persistence that winds up being viewed as stubbornness.
tenacious, determined, resolute, resolved, purposeful, persistent, persevering, pertinacious, relentless, intent, dead set, single-minded, focused, dedicated, committed, undeviating, unshakeable, unflagging, indefatigable, untiring, never-tiring, tireless, unfailing, unfaltering, unwavering, unyielding, unbending, immovable, obdurate, strong-willed, firm, steadfast, steady, staunch, stout-hearted
rare perseverant, indurate
- Example sentences
- Paul is still young and relatively inexperienced at this level, but no one will question his ability, his guts, his doggedness, or his commitment.
- I have been impressed by his sheer patience, doggedness, and tenacity.
- There has always been a furious doggedness to him, a strong-willed purposefulness that drove him, sometimes headlong, through life.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia