Definición de dogsbody en inglés:
sustantivo (plural dogsbodies)British informal
A person who is given menial tasks to do, especially a junior in an office: I got myself a job as typist and general dogsbody on a small magazine
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Barry, are you the office dogsbody who ends up doing the rubbish jobs the other hacks can't be bothered with?
- His only employment for the whole of his life was as a menial dogsbody in various Catholic Hospitals.
- I worked for nothing, was the office dogsbody, but I learned a lot, explained Rory.
drudge, menial, menial worker, factotum, man of all work, maid of all work, servant, slave, galley slave, lackey, underling, minion;
hewer of wood and drawer of water
British informal skivvy
North American informal peon
- Example sentences
- It is definitely not general dogsbodying.
- We're waiting to hear if the conference organizers are going to offer us free or reduced registration in exchange for dogsbodying.
- We have the most wonderful bunch of people who clean, who supervise in lunch hours, and who provide support with transport, and general dogsbodying.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan