sustantivo (plural dogsbodies)British • informal
- A person who is given menial tasks to do, especially a junior in an office: I got myself a job as typist and general dogsbody on a small magazineMás ejemplos en oraciones
drudge, menial, menial worker, factotum, man of all work, maid of all work, servant, slave, galley slave, lackey, underling, minion; hewer of wood and drawer of waterBritish • informal skivvyNorth American • informal peon
- Barry, are you the office dogsbody who ends up doing the rubbish jobs the other hacks can't be bothered with?
- His only employment for the whole of his life was as a menial dogsbody in various Catholic Hospitals.
- I worked for nothing, was the office dogsbody, but I learned a lot, explained Rory.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is definitely not general dogsbodying.
- We're waiting to hear if the conference organizers are going to offer us free or reduced registration in exchange for dogsbodying.
- We have the most wonderful bunch of people who clean, who supervise in lunch hours, and who provide support with transport, and general dogsbodying.