1(In tonic sol-fa) the first and eighth note of a major scale.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In exercise 2, the fourth note, soh of D major, becomes the new doh of A major, and is therefore given both names (sung as s'doh).
- Tonic sol-fa was taught as his school and, by eighth grade, he had learned to snap doh, me, sol doh (a four note major chord) and performed this musical trick at a school concert.
- When a tune modulates, the new key note is named doh, the transition being expressed by a ‘bridge note’ with a double name.
Mid 18th century: from Italian do, an arbitrarily chosen syllable replacing ut, taken from a Latin hymn (see solmization).
Palabras que riman con dohaglow, ago, alow, although, apropos, art nouveau, Bamako, Bardot, beau, Beaujolais Nouveau, below, bestow, blow, bo, Boileau, bons mots, Bordeaux, Bow, bravo, bro, cachepot, cheerio, Coe, crow, Defoe, de trop, doe, dos-à-dos, do-si-do, dough, dzo, Flo, floe, flow, foe, foreknow, foreshow, forgo, Foucault, froe, glow, go, good-oh, go-slow, grow, gung-ho, Heathrow, heave-ho, heigh-ho, hello, ho, hoe, ho-ho, jo, Joe, kayo, know, lo, low, maillot, malapropos, Marceau, mho, Miró, mo, Mohs, Monroe, mot, mow, Munro, no, Noh, no-show, oh, oho, outgo, outgrow, owe, Perrault, pho, po, Poe, pro, quid pro quo, reshow, righto, roe, Rouault, row, Rowe, sew, shew, show, sloe, slow, snow, so, soh, sow, status quo, stow, Stowe, strow, tally-ho, though, throw, tic-tac-toe, to-and-fro, toe, touch-and-go, tow, trow, undergo, undersow, voe, whacko, whoa, wo, woe, Xuzhou, yo, yo-ho-ho, Zhengzhou, Zhou
Definición de doh en:
Used to comment on a foolish or stupid action, especially one’s own: I keep crashing cars. Doh! What a dummy!
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I fell asleep on the couch and woke at 5.30 am… doh!
- He asks whether I would l prefer to go somewhere else for our first date and I realise that I am being asked out ‘proper’ - doh!
- When I reached the front door and tried to open it I discovered to my horror that the neighbour in the flat above had double locked the front door and I had no key… doh!
Definición de doh en:
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda