- Having a relatively long skull (typically with the breadth less than 80 (or 75) per cent of the length). Often contrasted with brachycephalic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Athenian leader was a bit of a slaphead with a dolichocephalic skull; but instead of going around enduring the jeers of the ancient tabloid media, he had a very cool solution.
- As late as the 1930s, adherents strove to transform unsightly round heads into long, dolichocephalic ones.
- Also evident was postorbital constriction, plus the dolichocephalic (long and narrow) nature of the brain case.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Sagittal craniosynostosis (dolichocephaly, scaphocephaly) accounts for 56% of cases and has an elongated cranial vault.
- In single gene dolichocephaly only the posterior end of the sagittal suture line is prematurely narrowed.
- Case 1 had trigonocephaly and up-slanting palpebral fissures, while case 2 had attention deficit, dolichocephaly and long face.
mid 19th century: from Greek dolikhos 'long' + -cephalic.
Más definiciones de dolichocephalicDefinición de dolichocephalic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.