- It's been a good weekend - although most of the group seem to have developed a dollop of food poisoning, which is never good.
- From tacos to quesadillas and beyond, a growing number of consumers have taken to plopping a dollop of the creamy white stuff on their food before digging in.
- Mix a large dollop of yogurt with a small dollop of mayo.
verbo (dollops, dolloping, dolloped)[with object and adverbial of direction]
- Home-made jam is great to give as a present - even better to keep, to be dolloped liberally on to scones and toast or spread thickly into a plain sponge cake.
- It can be dolloped on top of the chicken for flavour, or put on some accompanying noodles, rice or potatoes.
- In fact, the batter is rich and thick enough to be dolloped onto the waffle iron with an ice cream scoop.
Late 16th century (denoting a clump of grass or weeds in a field): perhaps of Scandinavian origin and related to Norwegian dialect dolp 'lump'.
Palabras que riman con dollopcollop, gollop, lollop, scallop, scollop, trollop, Trollope, wallop
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dol¦lop
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.