- A megalithic tomb with a large flat stone laid on upright ones, found chiefly in Britain and France.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some areas in northern France are also known for their megalithic standing stones, called dolmens or menhir.
- I did not intend to include stone circles, dolmens or long stone rows, although some are represented (not Avebury or Stonehenge).
- The view of the Aran Islands and beyond is astounding, as is the local geography, which includes caves, dolmens, standing stones, holy wells, around 75 megalithic tombs and around 500 Iron Age forts.
mid 19th century: from French, perhaps via Breton from Cornish tolmen 'hole of a stone'.
Más definiciones de dolmenDefinición de dolmen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.