Feeling or expressing great sorrow or distress: a dolorous and repetitive tale of atrocity
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Far from being dour and dolorous, one of the clearest fruits of grace is a childlike joy.
- They had heard so very little of this; yet it was enough to build up wretched dolorous dreams upon, there in the shade of the night.
- A gently dolorous Bulgarian folk-tune unfolds as a duet.
late Middle English: from Old French doleros, from late Latin dolorosus, from Latin dolor 'pain, grief'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A burglar alarm on the house opposite is dolorously winking a tiny white light.
- ‘Don't worry about it,’ he dolorously replies.
- Every time I came, it seemed, I met a lugubrious local figure who shook his head and dolorously announced that the weather had been beautiful until that very morning.
Definición de dolorous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.