Definición de dolphin en inglés:
1A small gregarious toothed whale which typically has a beak-like snout and a curved fin on the back. Dolphins have become well known for their sociable nature and high intelligence.
- Families Delphinidae (marine) and Platanistidae (the river dolphins): several genera and many species
- No captures of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins have occurred in the US since 1989.
- And captive bottlenose dolphins have shown themselves to be skilled at replicating computer-generated sounds.
- We passed numerous sting rays gliding along, then a large school of spinner dolphins leaping across our bow.
2 (also dolphinfish) another term for dorado (sense 1).
- The company is currently investigating two locations for the project, which will eventually produce 2000 tonnes a year of dolphinfish for the export market.
- One approaching construction phase is an aquaculture project breeding dolphinfish.
- The researchers studied species, ranging from sharks to dolphinfish, that represented the different stages of fish evolution.