- 1Power and influence over others: the worldwide dominance of HollywoodMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It's a game that they play in order to achieve a sense of power, dominance, control.
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- There is combat, to be sure, but no clash of armies as a result of peoples vying for dominance and power.
- 1.1 Genetics The phenomenon whereby, in an individual containing two allelic forms of a gene, one is expressed to the exclusion of the other: all had, in conformity with the principle of dominance, round seeds with yellow cotyledonsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In this situation one gene has dominance over the other gene, which is said to be recessive.
- The eye colour of all the female progeny was wild-type due to the dominance of such an allele, as can be expected.
- We also examined the effect of variation of the degree of dominance of new mutations.
- 1.2 Ecology The predominance of one or more species in a plant (or animal) community: some plants produce structures to outcompete other species for dominance in a given habitatMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Not all canopy species actually rise to dominance along any given transect.
- The matter is often thought to be an issue of rivalry or dominance between different species within the same family.
- In this study, and in animal behavior generally, dominance is defined as success in contests.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The only phase of the match, in which they struggled with their game, was in the second quarter, when their challengers exploited their only period of dominancy to score six points in succession to draw level in the 26th minute.
- They failed dismally to translate their periods of dominancy into sufficient scores that could have salvaged something from this game.
- This has become possible only with the transformation of patriarchy under the pressures of modernity that promotes equality as a goal and the dominancy of the professional ethos that the militaries cannot refrain from in modernization.