- 1Something that is given to a charity, especially a sum of money: please send your donation of £20 to the Disaster AppealMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On Wednesday the school sent a letter to parents asking for donations and the money started to flood in.
- Many of his sponsors doubled their donations, and the money was presented last Friday.
- In addition, our charitable trust provides donations to national and local causes.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The action of donating something: the donation of carpets, chairs, and cutleryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- The event saw a brief presentation on eye donation followed by a question and answer session.
- We know that many relatives say no to organ donation simply because they do not know what their loved one would have wanted.
late Middle English: via Old French from Latin donatio(n-), from the verb donare, based on donum 'gift'.