Definición de done en inglés:
past participle of do1.
adjetivoVolver al principio
1(Of food) cooked thoroughly: the turkey will be done to a turn
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Drain each batch as it is done and eat whilst cooking the next batch.
- Curl up in front of the TV with your own bowl of this much-loved comfort food favourite, done my way.
- If food is not done when you take it out of the oven you can always return it to the oven for additional time.
3British informal Socially acceptable: therapy was not the done thing then
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is not the done thing to listen to music through headphones.
- He has worked in the media for more than twenty years, and he knows, or should know, the way the world is now and what is not the done thing.
- He's assured me that it's not the done thing to drink at lunchtime these days, but I'm not so sure.
exclamaciónVolver al principio
Used to indicate that the speaker accepts the terms of an offer: ‘I’ll give ten to one he misses by a mile!’ called Reilly. ‘Done!’, said the conductor
a done deal
- An agreement that has been finalized: although a few details still had to be worked out, the settlement was a done dealMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We are assuming it's a done deal, in the way they're talking and presenting their plans.
- Even now, when the cat is out of the bag, they still want to brush aside reasoned argument and hide the project from public scrutiny until it's a done deal.
- Also we were told that it was a done deal, although it was only a plan at that stage and consultation was to take place.
- informal In a situation so bad that it is impossible to get out: if the guard sees us, we’re done forMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the end of the fifth book about the schoolboy spy, we thought our young hero was done for.
- We thought it was done for but then after much jumping up and down and sand throwing we unbeached it.
done in (or up)
- informal Extremely tired: you look done inSinónimosworn out, exhausted, fatigued, tired, tired out, weary, wearied, strained, drained, worn, sapped, spent, washed out, on one's last legsinformal worn to a frazzle, done, all in, dog-tired, dead on one's feet, dead beat, fit to drop, played out, fagged out, shattered, bushed
- informal sense 1 of the adjective. check the meat for doneness during the last 20 minutes of cookingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the box below is a guide to other cuts and degrees of doneness.
- Check meat for doneness with an instant-read meat thermometer.
- Unwrap a corner and check for doneness (it will depend, in part, on how hot your barbecue is and the type of potato you've used).
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán