Definición de donkey en inglés:
sustantivo (plural donkeys)
1A domesticated hoofed mammal of the horse family with long ears and a braying call, used as a beast of burden; an ass.
- Horses and donkeys produce mules, for example.
- Hybrids such as the mule, a cross between a donkey and a horse, are sterile.
- The strange script included drawings of camels, horses, donkeys and ibex.
late 18th century (originally pronounced to rhyme with monkey): perhaps from dun1, or from the given name Duncan.
- British informal A very long time: we’ve been close friends for donkey’s yearsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The feeling in the village is really angry, people are very upset because of the amount of people who have played down there, going back donkey's years.
- I have lived round here for donkey's years and this seemed to be the worst managed match.
- It is the best lead toys collection we've seen in donkey's years and we are expecting that it will attract national collector interest.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan