- 1A person who donates something, especially money to charity: an anonymous donor has given £25 [as modifier]: loans from rich donor countriesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The charity specializes in using donor money to buy people in developing world animals from cows to camels and everything in between.
- The bit we like best is the idea that tax relief is available today for money that donors agree to bequeath to charities on their death.
- The expectation of the donors was that charities receiving the funds would disburse the money to needy victims just as quickly.
- 1.1A person who provides blood, an organ, or semen for transplantation, transfusion, etc.: one third of patients die before a suitable donor is found a blood donorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Before death, the organ donor received several transfusions of blood products.
- A device to make the organs of brain-dead donors more suitable for transplant will be evaluated in a government-funded study.
- The majority of the healthy control subjects were healthy blood donors, and the others were organ transplant donors.
- 1.2 Chemistry An atom or molecule that provides a pair of electrons in forming a coordinate bond.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Nitrates act as donors of nitric oxide, a molecule with a recognized potential for genotoxicity.
- Carbenes can act as electron donors in chemical reactions.
- Some of the molecules are donors and others acceptors.
Middle English: from Old French doneur, from Latin donator, from donare 'give'.