- 1British informal term for V-1.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Londoners under attack would come to know it as the doodlebug or buzz bomb, so called for the mechanical hum it made before dropping on its target.
- In 1943, I joined the Royal Marines at the Commando Training Unit, Lympstone, Devon, so I missed the doodlebugs and most of the V2 rockets.
- In many ways the crowd at a football match is like a World War Two doodlebug - it's when it stops making a noise that those on the ground should panic.
- 2North American The larva of an ant lion.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I was so fascinated by ants, wasps, and doodlebugs that I would have squatted in the road all day too, but unfortunately I did not inherit the slow gene.
- One guy ate doodlebugs and another packed mud in his pants.
- 4A small car or other vehicle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The ‘Rainier Skunk’, which had operated from Portland to Rainier since 1915 with a GE doodlebug, was replaced by a bus in 1924.
Más definiciones de doodlebugDefinición de doodlebug en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.