sustantivochiefly North American
A person who predicts disaster.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Perhaps you have already heard some doomsayers predict that a worldwide catastrophe will befall our planet on either April 6 or May 5 when some of the planets will be in alignment.
- Will the upcoming planetary conjunction affect Earth, bringing about volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and floods, as today's doomsayers predict?
- And, yet, at every step we had countless doomsayers who predicted that this or that step would not be taken because of ‘security problems.’
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- He lords this over her, berating her for every little slip-up, belittling even her successful activities and doomsaying any new ideas that she comes up with.
- This tract does much more than repeat the standard doomsaying one normally expects from those who support it.
- Their endless doomsaying can grow tiresome but more often it's fun to play along.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: doom|say¦er
Definición de doomsayer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda