- There's a sort of resolution when the vehicle stops, the doors are flung open and a shot is heard.
- Use broom handles to wedge sliding glass doors shut.
- The heavy double glass doors lead them into the office area.
- Four long low tables lie to the left as you walk in the door.
- Customers are offered a drink soon after they walk through the doors.
- Walking through the doors is not quite like stepping into one of those little tavernas, it has to be said.
- They once shared a flat and although they now have separate houses, still live only a few doors away from each other.
- The pair live just doors away from each other, and have enjoyed several dinner dates together.
- They live four doors away, and would like a bigger house in the same area.
as one door closes, another opens
- proverb You shouldn’t be discouraged by failure, as other opportunities will soon present themselves.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet sometimes, as one door closes, another opens, and about 18 months ago it unexpectedly started finding new local markets and expanding.
- It's about two weeks to the close of the cod season, but as they say in the classics, as one door closes, another opens.
- As with so many things in life, as one door closes, another opens.
- On admission to an event rather than in advance: tickets will be available at the doorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Tickets are not being sold for this event but we do ask for your generosity at the door.
- Here, a live band was playing which meant a cover was being charged at the door.
- Tickets are on sale at the door and there will be a bar exemption in place for the night.
close (or shut) the door on (or to)
- Exclude the opportunity for: she had closed the door on ever finding out what he was feelingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If you allow yourself to be categorized, you're shutting the door to so many fabulous opportunities.
- However, he believed the members were more than happy to consider being part of such a scheme as they never closed the door on any competitive opportunity.
- This may be good news for some older employees but for others it will close the door to an opportunity they would not like to miss.
(from) door to door
- I live in Hendon and its a long 50 minute journey from door to door.
- That one required a twelve hour journey, door to door.
- My journey, door to door, by underground also takes an hour as I have a 15 minute walk to the station and a 10 minute walk at the other end.
- Tickets will be sold door to door in the area.
- The fundraising committee will be selling the book door to door in the area over the next two weeks.
- The court was told the landlord ran a business selling door to door products in the area and had men from the north west of England who worked for him.
lay something at someone's door
- Regard someone as responsible for something: the failure is laid at the door of the governmentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The report laid the blame at his door for ‘errors, omissions, failures and shortcomings which are deeply shocking’.
- And since he has accepted full responsibility for the way the issue was presented, we are justified in laying the blame at his door.
- The union has been quick to lay the blame at his door.
leave the door open
- Ensure that there is still an opportunity for something: he is leaving the door open for future changeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We establish a level of trust, which leaves the door open for other future opportunities.
- Continuation practice that leaves the door open to future applications creates patent-expansion opportunities and is an attractive inducement for investment.
- It has left the door open to a possible peaceful resolution to the present predicament.
on the door
- The course provides the training needed to gain a licence to work on the door.
- I managed to jump the first four queues after explaining the situation to the bloke on the door.
- We've got staff on the door, we've had a membership scheme and we use plastic glasses.
open doors (or the door)
- Create opportunities for success: even a small effort to speak a local language can open doors internships can open doors for college students her research has opened the door to a deeper understanding of the subjectMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The fictional Rosie became a symbol of how the war opened doors for American women to enter factories and take on labour jobs previously reserved for men.
- He shared the principal's vision that technology, implemented properly, can help open doors for children.
- The event opened doors for designers to showcase their creativity.
out of doors
- In or into the open air: food tastes even better out of doorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
outside, outdoors, out, in/into the open air, al fresco, out of the house
- It was a truly beautiful day today, with plenty of sun, blue sky, fluffy white clouds, spring flowers together with the very earliest of bright summer blooms and everything that calls you out of doors.
- The play takes on a particular resonance when it is acted out of doors.
- If you're nearby and able to venture out of doors, however, you might want to come by this conference.
Old English duru, dor, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch deur 'door' and German Tür 'door', Tor 'gate'; from an Indo-European root shared by Latin foris 'gate' and Greek thura 'door'.
Palabras que riman con doorabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: door
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.