Definición de dorsal en inglés:
adjetivoAnatomy , Zoology , & Botany
On or relating to the upper side or back of an animal, plant, or organ: a dorsal view of the body the dorsal aorta Compare with ventral.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Just outside each vertebra, the dorsal and ventral roots unite to form a spinal nerve on each side.
- Such a wasp held the fly with the middle and hind legs head forward and ventral or dorsal side up.
- If either of these proteins is absent, then the motor axons select dorsal and ventral pathways randomly.
- Example sentences
- In insects, as in all arthropods, the main nerve cord lies ventrally, rather than dorsally as in vertebrates.
- During the surgery, care must be taken to protect the branches of the superficial and radial nerves that dorsally overlie the first dorsal compartment.
- This animal swims to escape predators by repeatedly flexing its body dorsally and ventrally.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan