Definición de double-acting en inglés:
1(Of a device or product) combining two different functions: it is double-acting: it guards your radiator against freeze-ups and helps prevent rust
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These double-acting pumps required an initial outlay of $613,000 and cost $11,600 to operate.
- The track and suspension system is fitted with RMSh track and rubber-tyred road wheels, torsion bar suspension with hydraulic telescopic double-acting shock absorbers.
- These double-acting jacks use power wedge setters to seat the wedges into the anchor before retracting.
2(Of an engine) having pistons pushed from both sides alternately.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The booster is a simple reciprocating double-acting steam engine which is self-contained and is attached to the frame of the [trailer] truck through a three-point suspension.
- The opposed pistons are double-acting, performing a two-stroke engine power cycle on facing ends and induction and scavenge air compression on their outside ends, all within the same cylinder bore.
- Common types of compressors are single-acting piston, double-acting piston, and centrifugal.
Definición de double-acting en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda