Definición de double-edged en inglés:
1(Of a knife or sword) having two cutting edges.
- Men of the armies fought with double-edged swords, battle-axes, lances, slings, and weapons of archery.
- The sheathed and double-edged sword, or dodhar, lying across it, once belonged to Shivaji.
- Reaching over to his left side, he drew his weapon of choice, a long double-edged sword.
1.1Having two contradictory aspects or possible outcomes: the consequences can be double-edged
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The double-edged aspect of disorder in The Street is no-where more apparent than in its ambiguous evocation of gun violence.
- This particular nexus of grief, women, and the poetic prophet is a tool with cultural connections which explain the double-edged ambivalences of Miltonic self-fashioning in Paradise Lost.
- Therefore, all of LTC Leonhard's principles have a dual, double-edged nature.
a double-edged sword
- A situation or course of action having both positive and negative effects: reductions in taxation are a double-edged sword when used as a device to create jobsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But it is a double-edged sword because if our prices are too high we are not going to get any pupils.
- However, this talent is a double-edged sword: his very empathy with the subject eases the transition to light entertainment.
- However the boom will be a double-edged sword for first-time buyers and those with larger mortgages who are at the mercy of interest rates.
Definición de double-edged en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan