Definición de double-edged en inglés:
1(Of a knife or sword) having two cutting edges.
- Men of the armies fought with double-edged swords, battle-axes, lances, slings, and weapons of archery.
- The sheathed and double-edged sword, or dodhar, lying across it, once belonged to Shivaji.
- Reaching over to his left side, he drew his weapon of choice, a long double-edged sword.
1.1Having two contradictory aspects or possible outcomes: the consequences can be double-edged
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The double-edged aspect of disorder in The Street is no-where more apparent than in its ambiguous evocation of gun violence.
- This particular nexus of grief, women, and the poetic prophet is a tool with cultural connections which explain the double-edged ambivalences of Miltonic self-fashioning in Paradise Lost.
- Therefore, all of LTC Leonhard's principles have a dual, double-edged nature.
a double-edged sword
- A situation or course of action having both positive and negative effects: reductions in taxation are a double-edged sword when used as a device to create jobsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But it is a double-edged sword because if our prices are too high we are not going to get any pupils.
- However, this talent is a double-edged sword: his very empathy with the subject eases the transition to light entertainment.
- However the boom will be a double-edged sword for first-time buyers and those with larger mortgages who are at the mercy of interest rates.
Definición de double-edged en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary