- A reed with two slightly separated blades, used for playing a wind instrument such as an oboe or bassoon: [as modifier]: a double-reed instrumentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Here the positioning of the melodic instruments, oboes opposite clarinets, allowed telling emphasis to the dialogue of double reeds, oboes and bassoons, especially eloquent in the slow movement.
- The double reed consists of two blades of cane bound together (or a single blade folded over and cut at the fold to separate the two blades) so that they beat against each other, as on shawms, oboes, and bassoons.
- The similarities extend to the harmonic palette and to certain features of orchestration, including the somewhat unusual use of orchestral piano in both scores and a color emphasis on double reeds.
Más definiciones de double reedDefinición de double reed en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.