The sounding of two strings at once on a violin or similar bowed instrument.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Every technical trick in the repertoire of the virtuoso string player was on display: double-stopping, flying spiccato, glissandi, glissandi harmonics, rapid string crossing arpeggios and more.
- This is an excellent performance though, with soaring lines and some impressive double-stopping, especially in the Kochanski cadenza, and Daniel Harding and the LSO draw lots of detail from the vivid, colourful score.
- He makes his oboe seem capable of double-stopping; the separate, aquatic or breathing voices of Narcissus are so well defined and independent [listen - track 5, 0: 00-1: 25].
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ravel's Tzigane - Rhapsodie de Concert is a dazzling display piece that encompasses double stops, harmonics, pizzicatos, glissandos, and all the technical challenges of Paganini's twenty four Violin Caprices, plus a few more.
- This collection of Italian waltzes, polkas, mazurkas and tarantellas for solo violin is an excellent teaching tool for double stops, scales, arpeggios and style. 2-5 min. each.
- In the violin version, he writes double stops, pizzicato and tremolo indications and so forth, keeping with the capabilities of the violin.
Más definiciones de double-stoppingDefinición de double-stopping en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.