- A financial inducement; a bribe: Pericles gave a handsome douceur to the Spartan commanders to withdraw without fightingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He had arranged for fraudulent South Sea shares to be given to the king, and had overseen the distribution of douceurs in Parliament to help things along.
- Clearly, the Contaminated Land Register has caused a market paralysis so there has to be a fiscal douceur to compensate.
- He thoughtfully offered to forget the debt if the tenants gave him a ‘douceur’ of £1200 and emigrated to Australia or Canada.
French, literally 'sweetness'.
Más definiciones de douceurDefinición de douceur en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.