Definición de doughty en inglés:
adjetivo (doughtier, doughtiest)archaic or humorous
Brave and persistent: his doughty spirit kept him going
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Then along came a doughty and persistent conservationist who fought to save the city's history: just what the doctor ordered.
- This way, the organization could live up to its self-professed image: the doughty defenders of brave iconoclasts bucking the establishment.
- London metropolitan types also think I possess a kind of doughty flinty independent spirit which they wish they had so they too could flee the bars of Charlotte Street and the watering holes of Soho.
fearless, dauntless, determined, resolute, indomitable, intrepid, plucky, spirited, game, mettlesome, gritty, steely, confident, undaunted, undismayed, unalarmed, unflinching, unshrinking, unabashed, unfaltering, unflagging, bold, audacious, valiant, brave, stout-hearted, lionhearted, gallant, courageous, heroic, daring, daredevil
- Example sentences
- Mills offers a detailed account of his case against MMR, even doughtily settling a few scores on his behalf against his detractors.
- Example sentences
- I had hopes that she, a campaigning journalist, would develop her twin strains of doughtiness and dottiness and become a thorn in the flesh.
- The following day a reporter from The Southwark Crier called at the shop, for news of Maisie's doughtiness had spread.
- As Aufidius, leader of the Volscians, he comes up with a nicely judged blend of doughtiness and perfidy, and the others give well-spoken, dependable, British supporting performances, unspectacular but resonant.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan