(also dom palm)
Definición de doum palm en inglés:
A palm tree with a forked trunk, producing edible fruit and a vegetable ivory substitute. It is native to the Nile region of Upper Egypt.
- Hyphaene thebaica, family Palmae
- At the heart of the reserve, flowing through doum palm groves and thick riverine forest, is the Ewaso Nyiro, without whose waters the game could not survive in this arid region.
- With an open-air temple and moon-viewing dais, the small garden features papyrus, clary sage, and doum palms - flora important during ancient Egypt's busy 18th Dynasty.
- It is a vast area of thorn and cliff and sand and jungle, bisected and filigreed by the Rufiji river that runs through sand and cuts a new course after the rains every year, leaving behind lakes and deep gorges fringed with doum palms.
early 18th century: doum from Arabic dawm, dūm.
Definición de doum palm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan