Definición de down at heel en inglés:
1(Of a shoe) with the heel worn down.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the other hand, you could write, of the same individual: His shoes were down-at-heel and his raincoat was streaked with dirt.
- Chinese servants should not (strictly speaking) appear before their masters in short clothes, nor without socks, nor with shoes down at heel, nor with their tail tied round the head.
- Make sure your shoes are well polished and not down-at-heel
2Having a poor, shabby appearance: down-at-heel areas
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Had I gone at 17 I have no doubt I would have been staying in a down-at-heel guest house.
- Both are better bets than the rather down-at-heel Caruso Belvedere.
- Vince Vaughn is Peter, a likeable slacker who runs the down-at-heel Average Joe's Gym.
scruffy, shabby, shabbily dressed, poorly dressed, shoddy, ragged, out at elbows, tattered, mangy, sorry, disreputable;
unkempt, bedraggled, messy, dishevelled, ungroomed, ill-groomed, sleazy, seedy, slatternly, untidy, slovenly;
dirty, squalid, filthy
North American informalraggedy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda