Pronunciación: /ˈdaʊngreɪd , daʊnˈgreɪd /[with object]
- Reduce to a lower grade, rank, or level of importance: some jobs had gradually been downgraded from skilled to semi-skilledMás ejemplos en oraciones
- By upgrading the importance of other factors he downgraded the importance of economic growth in the development process.
- Evacuees were not paying council tax and some bandings had been downgraded, reducing the amount of rates collected.
- However, under this legislation we have downgraded safety to the same level as sustainability.
Pronunciación: /ˈdaʊngreɪd /Volver al principio
- 1An instance of reducing someone or something’s rank, status, or level of importance: downgrades by debt-rating agencies outnumber upgrades by five to oneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A later rating by rival Moody's Investors Service kept Ford's debt rating at investment-grade status, the S&P downgrades shocked the corporate bond market.
- The code of conduct threatens penalties ranging from administrative sanctions and temporary suspension of duty, to rank downgrades and dismissal.
- With no suitable alternative location being offered by the Council the removal of the taxi rank is a downgrade in the taxi service of Ballina.
- 2North American A downward gradient on a railway or road: a steep downgrade for which he had to put the car in secondMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This was the original Montreal-Toronto mainline (legally the Ontario & Quebec Railway) and a roller coaster of upgrades and downgrades.
- On steeper downgrades, a higher acceleration will be achievable through the assistance of gravity.
- Soon after they resumed, the road crested a hill and began switching back and forth sharply, for the downgrade was very steep.
on the downgrade
- North American In decline: profits are on the downgradeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Another good bet to pick out now is Moscow Flyer in the Queen Mother - he has always convinced as a class act and also because most of his opponents are old stars on the downgrade.
- Optus's parent Singtel fell three per cent on the downgrade news and Telstra was down half a per cent or two cents to $4.46.
- Placed twice in this in the past but tailed off last year and looks on the downgrade nowadays.