- A broad depression of the earth’s surface.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For several generations of geologists the name of J. D. Dana was associated with the concept of the geosyncline, an elongated downwarp in the Earth's crust in which a great volume of sediments accumulated.
- The WIlkes Front architecture consists of thin, extended crust forming the Victoria Land Basin in the Ross Sea, the TAM rift shoulder, and a long-wavelength downwarp forming the Wilkes Basin.
- Minor downwarp of reflectors over the edge of some concave-down features is noted, as in the case of the reflection associated with the base Tarrant Chalk Member.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Displace (a rock formation) downwards so as to form a downwarp: the land masses buckled and downwarped the continental shelvesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The palaeoplain was downwarped, creating the Great Divide and a new continental shelf on which marine sediments accumulated.
Más definiciones de downwarpDefinición de downwarp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.