- The most respected or prominent woman in a particular field: she became a doyenne of the London Irish music sceneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But if she became a doyenne in her chosen field, she never quite lost touch with her love affair with the opposite end of the lens.
- She talks to the former doyenne of daytime TV about her comeback.
- She has become the doyenne of historical fiction in this country.
mid 19th century: from French, feminine of doyen (see doyen).
Más definiciones de doyenneDefinición de doyenne en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.