- On each corner of its curved roof perch ten dragons and other mythical water animals that symbolically guard against the ever-present risk of fire.
- Get as close as you dare to mythical monsters including dragons, the Unicorn and the Yeti and learn about the mystery that surrounds them.
- After all of it, after all the magic and storms and monsters and dragons and evil beings, they were going to die of the cold.
chase the dragon
- informal Smoke heroin.Oraciones de ejemplo
- It cost me about £80 a day to chase the dragon.
- The literature indicates that an ideal drug consumption facility is made up of three sections: a clinical area for injecting, a well-ventilated area for freebasing or chasing the dragon, and an adjacent common room.
- As I smoked, out of the side of my eye I half watched Dave: also smoking, also chasing the dragon.
Dragon goes back to Greek drakōn ‘serpent’, and this was one of the first senses in English in the Middle Ages. In early texts it can be difficult to distinguish the genuine large snake or python (at that time known only from report) from the mythical fire-breathing monster. The dragon is a popular Chinese symbol, and this is behind the expression to chase the dragon, ‘to smoke heroin’. A 1961 Narcotic Officer's Handbook explains: ‘In “chasing the dragon” the heroin and any diluting drug are placed on a folded piece of tinfoil. This is heated with a taper and the resulting fumes inhaled through a small tube of bamboo or rolled paper. The fumes move up and down the tinfoil with the movements of the molten powder, resembling the undulating tail of the mythical Chinese dragon.’
Palabras que riman con dragonflagon, lagan, pendragon, wagon
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dragon
Definición de dragon en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.