- A male duck: [as modifier]: a drake mallardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The family pets were dogs, cats, and a Muscovy drake duck named Lucy which lived for nine years.
- I also spent some time watching Eider ducks, the drakes easily distinguished by their white plumage and both species have a beak which resembles somebody with a huge ‘Roman nose’.
- So here is a better picture of a duck, an Eider drake I took earlier this year, on the Ythan estuary.
Middle English: of West Germanic origin; related to Low German drake and German Enterich.
- (In fishing) a natural or artificial mayfly, especially a subadult or a gravid female: green drake hatchesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Thorax Gray Drake Fly is designed to provide buoyancy and balance on the water especially in the smaller hook sizes.
- Gray Drakes are the best dry fly on the Muskegon River.
- Fishing the Drake hatch in late May is somewhat of a festival.
Old English draca, from Latin draco 'dragon'.