- A board game for two players, played on a draughtboard. Each player starts with twelve disc-shaped pieces in three rows along one side of the board, and moves them diagonally with the aim of capturing all the opponent’s pieces.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If they get bored, the shed boasts a CD player, dart board and draughts.
- To be less abstract, let us suppose a game of draughts where the pieces are reduced to four kings, and where, of course, no oversight is to be expected.
- Once they'd finished their game of draughts, Jude and Josie began a game of cards.
late Middle English: from draught; related to obsolete draught in the sense 'move' (in chess or any similar game); compare with French trait, from Latin tractus 'a dragging'.
Más definiciones de draughtsDefinición de draughts en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.