Definición de drawer en inglés:
1 /drɔː/ A box-like storage compartment without a lid, made to slide horizontally in and out of a desk, chest, or other piece of furniture.
- For work, one of the chest's ten drawers served as a desk.
- On the first floor, a galleried landing leads through to a bathroom and four bedrooms, the smallest of which is currently used as a study and has a fitted desk, drawers and storage.
- She quietly slid her desk drawer back in after she pulled out the lone picture which had occupied that space for several months.
2 (drawers /drɔːz/) dated or humorous Knickers or underpants: Queen Victoria was notoriously careless with her drawers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The undergarments included stockings, petticoats, drawers, and a corset.
- The heavy petticoats, stockings and thin chemise and drawers were bad enough.
- I glanced down, noted I was dressed in cotton breeches and a silk shirt along with my corset and drawers, and sprung out from between the silk sheets.
3.1A person who writes a cheque: the banker would have rights as holder to pursue the drawer
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A special type of case arises where the drawer of the cheque and the payee maintain their accounts with the same bank.
- She said she could not remember the identity of the drawer of the cheque, nor whether it was payable to cash.
- Neither the drawer of the cheque nor the original payee consented to the alteration of the payee.
drawerful sustantivo (plural drawerfuls)
- Example sentences
- He kept a drawerful of parental excuse notes that he knew his students had forged in order to play truant from school; then he set them a class test on making their excuses more convincing.
- I had a drawerful of the things, most of them with a neat J monogrammed in one corner.
- It beats carrying round a drawerful of specialised gizmos, and since you're going to be carrying a phone anyway, you might as well have the other functions thrown in for when you require them.
Words that rhyme with drawerabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, onshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, squaw, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your • tawer
Definición de drawer en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan