A large flat board on which paper may be spread for artists or designers to work on.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Since most of modern wars are fought less on the field and more on the drawing boards with paper and pencils, a lot of papers have been flying around.
- With the rain keeping away for the day, the children, armed with drawing boards, paint, brushes and palettes, waited patiently for the 2002 edition of the competition to commence.
- My designs have never got past the drawing board.
back to the drawing board
- Used to indicate that an idea, scheme, or proposal has been unsuccessful and that a new one must be devised: the government must go back to the drawing board and review the whole issue of youth trainingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The developers must now go back to the drawing board in relation to this second phase of their project.
- The regulations must be sent back to the drawing board and revised to conform to the real world.
- York Council expects to send developers back to the drawing board over their proposals for the city's Barbican Centre.
on the drawing board
- (Of an idea, scheme, or proposal) under consideration and not yet ready to put into practice: there are plans to enlarge the runway, but at present all this remains on the drawing boardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- According to Pat there are a number of schemes on the drawing board which will commence construction immediately after Christmas.
- The people of Bingley have every right to be alarmed at the proposals on the drawing board for the redevelopment of this historic community.
- But prices have risen since the scheme first went on the drawing board.
Definición de drawing board en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.