- 1 [often as submodifier] Extremely: you’re dreadfully thin I’m dreadfully sorry!Más ejemplos en oraciones
extremely, very, really, frightfully, fearfully, exceedingly, immensely, terribly, exceptionally, uncommonly, remarkably, extraordinarily; decidedly, most, positively, particularly; Northern English right; Scottish unco; North American quite• informal terrifically, tremendously, desperately, awfully, devilishly, ultra, too … for words, mucho, mega, seriously, majorly, oh-soSouth African • informal lekkerintensely, desperately, a great deal, a good deal, to a great extent, much, a lot, lots
- I am really, truly, extremely, dreadfully, horribly sorry!
- His behaviour was terrible and I am dreadfully sorry that you were exposed to it.
- I feel dreadfully sorry for her and I know Michael will be really upset about it.
- 1.1Very much: I’ll miss you dreadfullyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Suddenly I thought that was unusual, because I realised that every time I've gone to the movies the past couple of months, I've missed her dreadfully as I'm going up into the car park.
- We are all very proud of Dan and his achievements in his short but very full life. We all miss him dreadfully.
- I love my job, relish the operational role and will no doubt miss it dreadfully.
- 2Very badly: the company has performed dreadfullyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But isn't it refreshing to be able to tell you about two clubs with a good news story - even though both are performing somewhere between disappointingly and dreadfully on the field?
- It can be difficult when you miss your child all day to find they behave dreadfully when they get home.