- A small four-sided spinning top with a Hebrew letter on each side, used in Jewish gambling games, especially at Hanukkah.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Schools planning ‘holiday season’ programs have been instructed to not include any icons or images in their pamphlets or concert programs that might be construed as religious symbols; for example, Christmas trees or dreidels.
- The holidays are rich with traditions, from exchanging gifts and spinning dreidels to more personalized rituals like sharing family recipes and lending a helping hand at local shelters.
- Sleigh bells are ringing, dreidels are spinning, and your two-week vacation is just around the corner.
1930s: from Yiddish dreydl; compare with German drehen 'to turn'.
Más definiciones de dreidelDefinición de dreidel en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.