Definición de drench en inglés:
- ‘When you water the plant, the cactus should be drenched thoroughly’, says a gardener.
- If you're still not wet by the end, there's a giant power shower to make sure you're thoroughly drenched.
- I taunted the rain to soak me, drenching what bit parts it hadn't already.
- The view out the window was sun drenched and warm, boasting a rolling hillside covered by a grassy ocean of nameless headstones.
- They cry out in a familiar musical language of liberation, but the politics are drenched with irony.
- As soon as the other side has browned, she grabbed up some pancakes, drenching them in maple syrup, and some Cool Whip that was resting on the counter.
- ‘It was a time when in-calf cows were drenched with a certain product to prevent milk fever,’ he says.
- I think that drug was a cattle drench to start off with; I think that is where it originated.
- Do not drench an animal when you can administer the necessary medicine in any other way.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- In the current study, the vitamin E drench was composed of d-alpha tocopherol (free form).
- If using the white drenches and the yellow drenches that have no persistency post dosing, the recommendation is to dose at 3, 6, 9 and 12 weeks after turnout.
- They have two concentrated drenches for the control of Fluke & worms in cattle.
drink from Old English:
Old English drinc ‘drink’ had a close relative drenc which is the source of drench (Old English). The colloquial phrase the drink referring to the sea, dates from the mid 19th century, but drink like a fish goes back to at least the early 17th when John Fletcher and James Shirley wrote a play called The Night-Walker which contains the line ‘Give me the bottle, I can drink like a Fish now, like an Elephant’. Drunk comes from the past tense of drink. We now use the American drunk as a skunk, but Chaucer describes someone as drunk as a mouse; and drunk as a rat or even a wheelbarrow have been used in the past. Drunkards have been with us since at least the 13th century.
Palabras que riman con drenchbackbench, bench, blench, clench, Dench, entrench, French, frontbench, quench, stench, tench, trench, wench, wrench
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.