- She showered quickly and then dressed into the same clothes once again, since they hadn't been dirtied since she put them on.
- She continued talking as she dressed.
- Jocelyn had just finished a rehearsal and was dressing to head home.
- ‘We have to do a do a couple of walks, one dressed in sports wear and one dressed in evening wear,’ he said.
- Both Nicky and Georgina were dressed casually, with Nicky wearing jeans and a baseball cap while Georgina wore jeans and a floral top.
- She doesn't dress flamboyantly, instead wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.
- Cathryn was not quite sure what to make of this for she could see no logical reason for dressing her in these clothes.
- He dresses her in frilly clothes and surrounds her with stuffed animals and dolls.
- I have to question the clothes my parents dressed me in back then.
- Feeling like a character in a Nancy Mitford novel, I dressed for dinner and met my husband in the bar.
- On the ship he played bingo, went to the shows, dressed for dinner, and maintained his silent decorum.
- Gayle was getting dressed for dinner, when she heard Riann's voice.
- The friends hold their first tree dressing festival, with more than 150 children taking part.
- Thereafter, Hopesay Parish Council has maintained the tree dressing custom, which is unique in Britain.
- The wreck is dressed in beautiful soft corals of all colours.
- Ships were dressed with flags and sailors climbed the rigging or stood on decks, caps in hand, to cheer the Queen.
- Let us dress our ship as befits a brigand who shows her heels to the pursuers.
- The skin wound was dressed with gauze, and sterile plaster wool was applied.
- The incision then was dressed with self-adhesive wound approximating strips.
- I went to my general practitioner and had the wound dressed by a nurse at the surgery.
- The acidity of the soursop varies: the pulp of some fruits can be eaten raw, while others have to be dressed with sugar to make them palatable.
- Anyway I was dressing a salmon… which quite obviously I have overpoached.
- We chose to share a dressed crab with lemon dill mayonnaise.
- Mix equal parts low fat mayonnaise and yogurt and use to dress coleslaw or potato salad.
- This vinaigrette is incredibly flexible - it can be used for dressing salads, glazing braised fish, or to marinate cooked potatoes.
- Conversely potato salad should be dressed while hot, so that the cooling potatoes suck in the dressing.
- Feed your plants by side dressing with a vegetable fertilizer same as you would in the spring.
- At the correct times the ground about the trees was dressed with sea-sand manure.
- Grass staggers is brought about by a diet that is too high in protein, a condition found in rapidly growing pasture, especially on ground that has been heavily dressed with fertilizer.
- Officers complained that it was extremely difficult to keep the full dress uniform presentable, since the lace dirtied the white cloth, and the brimstone used to dress the cloth damaged the lace.
- Every stone has to be dressed, which means that for every week of building with stone, it takes two days to prepare the stone.
- Stone was dressed in different ways as time and technology advanced.
- On the exterior walls, 240 dressed and corner stones had to be redone and the top floor needed to be completely replaced.
- Her hair was styled and dressed and her make-up was carefully applied.
- Carved wooden Akan combs were used to both dress the hair and ornament it.
- For these women it was customary to apply cosmetics and to dress their hair in the morning.
- There was no time to dress ranks properly, and unit organization went by the board as the troopers struggled to form front.
- The battalion dressed its ranks with precision.
- The halberds of infantry sergeants were carried as a symbol of their authority and used to dress the ranks.
- Soldiers dress by one another in ranks, and the body collectively by some given object.
- His periscope legs are wrapped in trousers sufficiently tight for any prospective tailors to note that he dresses to the left.
- Unless this generation is particularly sensitive, it doesn't explain why in the sixties and seventies we all walked around in jeans so tight that questions about dressing to the right or left would have been unnecessary.
- More recently I used some big cane salmon fly rods to throw impressive fully dressed flies on the Tweed.
- Necessities for stream angling encompass the occasional use of smaller 8ft to 10 ft rods, lighter DT floating lines, and lighter dressed flies.
- She also hit the mark with her black silk flower print strapless dresses with their asymmetrical handkerchief hemlines.
- All the dresses and garments were well made, but I just can't see the theme of this collection.
- This just shows white dresses don't have to be boring and can vary a lot.
- He was in a business suit instead of formal dress or traditional formal wear consisting of a crested kimono and pleated skirt.
- His favorite mode of dress is that of a pirate.
- I could do nothing but smile at her manner of dress - outrageous as it was.
- When we were all called together again for a meeting, I saw that both Decker and Dev were in ceremonial dress military uniforms.
- The government men stepped off, in military dress uniforms, each with a large group of ribbons on the left chest over the olive drab fabric.
- He came out dressed in a sort of military dress uniform, complete with tight shiny pants and a cap decorated with the iron cross.
- (Of a ship) decorated with a continuous line of flags from bow to stern: the marina was crammed full of yachts dressed overallMás ejemplos en oraciones
- While in port the ship was dressed overall, along with other vessels, to mark the national celebrations and to meet up again with colleagues from the Royal Canadian Navy.
- Beyond hosting various media events while in Southampton, the ship will be open to visitors throughout the boat show and be dressed overall for the duration.
- The most eye-catching exhibit - apart from Northumberland, dressed overall - was the amphibious car, a £150,000 vehicle which regularly hurtled past the frigate's berth.
dressed to kill
- Wearing glamorous clothes intended to create a striking impression.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then Sally emerged, dressed to kill - in skin tight black leggings, black thigh length PVC stiletto boots, and an outrageous Puffa jacket.
- A fanatical Manchester United supporter, Brian said: ‘I usually just wear jeans and a t-shirt but today I'm dressed to kill.’
- Along comes this beautiful, educated, overbearingly skinny girl, dressed to kill in cotton candy pink, with teeth whiter than snow, a brand new Audi and daddy's money in her pocket.
Verbos con partícula
- Dress informally: Sue dressed down in old jeans and a white blouseMás ejemplos en oraciones
dress informally, dress casually, be untidyinformal slob around
- The same juvenile impulse that once inspired liberals to dress down as slobs now inspires them to assume the role of high school snobs.
- Shooting one scene involved Terri - a girl whose idea of dressing down is four-inch heels and a plunging neckline - taking a tottering walk down the street.
- Even if more companies are dressing down, I prefer to savour some things for my days off.
dress someone down
- informal Reprimand someone: the president dressed down the media at the news conferenceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Phillip is dressed down by his mother for thinking being smart is the same thing as being wise.
- Where is the statement dressing her down, or better still sacking her?
- My son-in-law completely dressed me down, said I must apologise and threw a glass of water in my face.
- Dress in smart or formal clothes.Oraciones de ejemplo
dress smartly, dress formally, wear evening dressinformal doll oneself up, dress to the nines, put on one's glad rags
- I'm going at 2.30, which gives me much time to kill, and me all dressed up in smart clothes too.
- Indian women seem to have it easy when it comes to dressing up for formal functions and special occasions.
- Groups of girls dressed up in their best clothes and jewellery looked on approvingly at these displays of horsemanship.
- 3.1Dress in a special costume for fun or as part of an entertainment: he dressed up as a gorillaMás ejemplos en oraciones
disguise oneself, dress;put on fancy dress, wear a costume, put on a disguise, wear disguise
- At Halloween, the other kids would dress up in superhero costumes to go trick or treating.
- This was the only blip in the whole day which had seen many locals dressing up in period costume, strolling around in the Summer heat.
- Market traders and shop assistants add to the atmosphere by dressing up in period costumes.
dress something up
- Present something in such a way that it appears better than it really is: the company dressed up the figures a littleMás ejemplos en oraciones
present, represent, portray, depict, characterize;embellish, enhance, touch up, embroider, gloss, adorn;ginger upinformal jazz up
- Dear reader, I ask you: does pulling out these facts and figures and dressing them up with rhetoric consciously influence your vote in the slightest?
- However they choose to dress it up and whatever sort of compromise they want to present it as, the president's goal is still phase-out.
- It's made up of all sorts of bits and pieces that no one would otherwise touch, but he's packaged it well and dressed it up with his trademark buffoonery.
Middle English (in the sense 'put straight'): from Old French dresser 'arrange, prepare', based on Latin directus 'direct, straight'.
Palabras que riman con dressacquiesce, address, assess, Bess, bless, bouillabaisse, caress, cess, chess, coalesce, compress, confess, convalesce, cress, deliquesce, digress, duchesse, duress, effervesce, effloresce, evanesce, excess, express, fess, finesse, fluoresce, guess, Hesse, impress, incandesce, intumesce, jess, largesse, less, manageress, mess, ness, noblesse, obsess, oppress, outguess, phosphoresce, politesse, possess, press, priestess, princess, process, profess, progress, prophetess, regress, retrogress, stress, success, suppress, tendresse, top-dress, transgress, tress, tristesse, underdress, vicomtesse, yes
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: dress
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.