Definición de dressmaker en inglés:
A person whose job is making women’s clothes.
- At the same time there were harness makers, tailors, dressmakers, builders, blacksmiths, wheelwrights, watchmakers, saddlers, masons and carpenters.
- More often than not, I must hire a dressmaker to alter my clothes.
- At the time of the 1851 census in Britain, there were 268,000 milliners and dressmakers, as against 502,000 people working in cotton textile manufacture (including printing and dyeing).
- Example sentences
- I do not want to go to Bradford to look at books about dressmaking and as a dressmaking tutor I do not want to have to order a book simply by its title alone.
- Paddy was also responsible for dispatching many sewing machines, which formed the basis of a thriving school for tailoring and dressmaking.
- Please rest assured that the dressmaking (ironing, hemming) is continuing, although there have been some problems with getting support in certain problem areas.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan